Jennifer provides social science-based research and evaluation services.
Her formal training in the design and conduct of research, coupled with substantial accumulated experience will provide you with a tailored and quality product.
This can be an end-to-end service where she helps you to scope and develop the project, conducts the project and then does a presentation from the final report. Alternately it can be just one aspect of a project, or it could be up-skilling your staff to conduct project components.
- Project development, design and management
- Measurement, analysis and reporting
- Stakeholder engagement; ethics
Jennifer’s experience in diverse sectors has honed her ability to operate effectively and efficiently, manage the risks and deliver to a high standard. Sectors/areas include:
- Health: public; rural
- Agriculture: grazing; farming; cotton
- Welfare: child protection; disability; aged health; grief; employment
- Mining: social responsibility; impacts
- Justice: child protection; domestic violence
- Sustainable development; workforce development
With having worked in university research centres, as a consultant, in research and evaluation in the State public service, and as a social worker, she can easily ‘walk in your shoes’, understand your perspective and that of who you wish to engage with.
As a member of the Queensland Regional Committee of the Australasian Evaluation Society Inc. and convenor for two years until April 2018, Jennifer complies with the organisation’s Code of Ethics. From a period as a member of the University of Queensland Human Research Ethics Committee A, she is aware of when an ethics clearance under the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research is appropriate.
- PhD (Social science) (University of Queensland)
- Master of Social Science (Applied in Anthropology and Sociology) (University of Queensland)
- Bachelor of Social Work (Hons) (James Cook University of North Queensland)
2018 John Oxley Library Fellowship outputs:
Blogs, Digital story and public lecture: https://www.slq.qld.gov.au/get-involved/fellowships-awards-residencies/queensland-memory-awards/john-oxley-library-0#2018-john-oxley-fellow-dr-jennifer-moffatt